Compassionate Legal Assistance After A Birth Injury
“Birth injuries” refer to a wide range of possibly preventable errors that occur in the lifecycle of obstetrical care, from the first prenatal exam to the postnatal evaluation and treatment of a newborn. Key phases of treatment and care during this period of time include the following:
- Screening of the pregnant mother for risk factors such as overweight or previous cesarean section deliveries
- Evaluation of information about the condition of the fetus, obtained through a stethoscope, through blood tests or through ultrasound imagery
- Preparation of the mother for birthing process through prenatal education as well as during labor
- Labor in its various phases
- Postnatal screening of the child for health problems such as jaundice
Medical errors made at various points along the prenatal — labor — delivery — postnatal spectrum of care can lead to injury to the baby and harm to the mother. Undetected or unmitigated fetal trauma can lead to a lifelong handicap, like cerebral palsy. Evaluating a birthing history after the occurrence of medical malpractice leading to birth injury can be a complex process.
Contact A Sugar Land Or Rosenberg Cerebral Palsy Attorney
At the law firm of B. L. Jensen, L.P., our legal team has decades of experience evaluating and prosecuting birth injury cases in Texas. We are all too familiar with the types of things that sometimes go wrong during prenatal care, labor and delivery — and the results that a child must live with after suffering an injury that leads to disability.
Did nurses fail to adequately monitor the fetal heart rate during labor? Did the obstetrician use excessive force when assisting the birth with a vacuum extractor or forceps? Did a prolapsed placental abruption go undetected or unmitigated during the birthing process? Does your baby now have to live with cerebral palsy because a C-section was delayed?
Contact the law offices of B. L. Jensen, L.P., by calling or 832-460-3366 toll free or by sending us an email, to discuss your potential birth injury claim with an experienced Houston birth injury lawyer.