Did A Nurse Or Hospital Staff Member Make A Mistake?
When something goes seriously wrong in the course of medical care, patients and their families want to know what happened and why. When a resulting injury or fatality results in extraordinary expenses and losses, the “need to know” goes beyond “want to know.”
A patient who requires additional surgeries as a result of doctor error, medical staff mistake or hospital malpractice will need money to pay for that surgery and the related expenses, including lost wage replacement.
The initial days after a doctor or hospital error can be crucial to the development of a compelling case for compensation for the ailing patient or a bereaved family. The sooner you contact a Houston hospital malpractice lawyer after a surgery has gone wrong or a medication error was made — potentially resulting in a hypoxic brain injury or blood clotting — the better.
The Houston law firm of B. L. Jensen, L.P., is a valuable resource for patients and their families after nursing mistakes or hospital errors have resulted in injury or death in the course of medical care. Our legal team as a background in medical malpractice defense and nearly 40 years of experience in personal injury law in Texas. We are well-prepared to help you.
Common Hospital And Nursing Errors
Nurse or hospital errors may take the form of one of the following:
- Administration of the wrong medication
- Improper anesthesia procedures
- Misdiagnosis due to lack of proper communication among medical staff
- Fires in incubators in neonatal areas of a hospital
- Failure of hospital staff to respond to patients’ request for help
- Failure to follow safety protocol such as keeping bed bars up to prevent falls
- Failure to monitor symptoms adequately
- Failure to notify a doctor when prompt intervention (such as a C-section) is needed